Neon signs took the city of Edmonton, AB by storm during the 20th century.
Edmonton’s first known neon sign was the Darling’s Drug Store sign which debuted in 1928. That sign remained in place for many decades afterwards and is now part of the Edmonton Neon Museum’s sign collection.
From 1928 onwards, neon signs of all kinds advertised Edmonton’s small and big businesses alike. Many of these signs, such as the Mike’s News and the X-L Furniture signs, became city landmarks.
Below are the signs featured in this section of the website:
Defunct Neon Signs: